All Topics » Pulse Connect Secure

Users receiving 1319 error

John.Corbin
Contributor (11)
Apr 29, 2015 7:07am

I'm running an active/passive 6500 cluster on 8.0R8.1 and Pulse 5.0. Users are sporadically getting 1319 error (authentication rejected by server).

I had a different cluster running 8.0R3.1 that experienced the issue and upgrading to 8.0R8.1 resolved the issue.

All 3 of my clusters are running 8.0R8.1 and only one of them is having the issue. All have the same host checker policies.

The only KB i've found references an old 7.2 SA code and 2.1 Pulse client.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

spuluka
Contributor (11)
May 2, 2015 4:55am

Can you see what the log on the authentication server itself has for the rejected sessions?

John.Corbin
    Contributor (11)
    May 8, 2015 1:37am

My colleagues that own the authentication server haven't found anything of note on their side. On the client side Pulse takes the credentials and starts going through the compliance check. It will fail after that and in the user access logs we see "needhostchecker". The same user could try a second time and get right in or maybe try 5 times before getting in. We have a handful of users that can't get in no matter how many times they try.

WorkerBee
Contributor (0)
Jul 8, 2017 10:46pm
Is there any possibility that this error can be related to a DSL internet connection for remote workers? Cuold it be a router issue? The DSL line is testing out fine but authentication errors persist. Is there a specific requirement for bandwidth? I was told 10mbps.

I clearly need to determine if it is the Pulse application error 1319 or the internet connection not meeting required something....