All Topics » Pulse Desktop Clients

Error Running Pulse Installer in Windows 7

GeorgeADoyle
Contributor (0)
Mar 9, 2017 4:02pm
I am trying to install Juno Pulse. I have a computer running Windows 7 sp1. My computeralso has some software that requires a windows XP Virtual Machine in order to run. However several of my associates have the same configuration and were able to install Juno Pulse without issue.

When running the installation for Pulse, an error dialog appears saying: "Juno Pulse Requires Window Windows 7 or later".

I reviewed the log file at: C:Program Files (x86)Juniper NetworksJunos PulsePulseInstaller.log

and found the following logs:

2017/3/7 16:32:53] ===========================================================================
[2017/3/7 16:32:54] .onInit start ...
[2017/3/7 16:32:54] .onInit() _GetPreInstallParam: with /preinstall=1
[2017/3/7 16:32:54] checkOSVersion() Windows XP is not a supported system. quit installer

I reviewed and ensured that the virtual machine is not running. I checked and confirmed both programs associated with the vm, vpc.exe and vmsal.exe are not running under the processes tab in task manager. I'm not sure what other factors may be related but I was hoping you may be able to shed some light on what else may be causing this problem.

thanks
George

zanyterp
Pulse Secure Contributor (40)
Mar 9, 2017 4:47pm
Can you make sure that neither the installer nor JunosCompMgr.exe are set to run in compatibility mode?
    GeorgeADoyle
    Contributor (0)
    Mar 9, 2017 5:51pm
    Unfortunately I found I made a mistake when posting this question. I should have addressed it to the Pulse Connect Secure Topic, rather than the Desktop Client. Sorry for the mistake, and thanks for the response. Unfortunately it looks like it may not be applicable in this case, thanks to my oversight, since the process is automated for Pulse Connect Secure and I was unable to find a copy of the installer or the JunosCompMgr.exe on my system.
    zanyterp
    Pulse Secure Contributor (40)
    Mar 10, 2017 1:09am
    This is the right forum for Pulse client items
    Unfortunately, the only time we have seen this is when a downloaded version of the installer is set to run in compatibility mode