All Topics » Pulse Desktop Clients

Pulse Secure NEtwork Connect 8.1.12.56235 drops VPN on switch user.

PReinie
Contributor (0)
Sep 29, 2017 7:50pm
I have one user that when VPN connected on Win 7 Pro via DameWare (MRC 11.2.0.91) when I use Switch User the VPN drops.

This persists after reboot and reconnecting.

The reconnect sometimes says another session is still up. We disconnect that other session.

The user and I both connect remotely to the VPN.

It is only on this one user's laptop. The user is connected via wifi (hotel) and on battery power (90% charged). Power settings normally have "allow computer to disable the wifi network adapter" set (checked) however that only is supposed to activate for sleep/hibernate, never when active.

Is there a setting that drops the VPN on switch user? We know if the user logs off VPN drops so we don't do that.

zanyterp
Pulse Secure Contributor (40)
Oct 11, 2017 4:18pm
The expectation is that switching users should disconnect the VPN. Are the users that you are not seeing this on using Pulse or Network Connect? Is this user using Pulse or Network Connect?
    PReinie
    Contributor (0)
    Oct 11, 2017 5:20pm
    I would not expect switch user to drop VPN and this one computer is the only one that did.

Since then the user returned home and switch user did not drop VPN so it is suspected it was the hotel's WiFi that was the problem.
    PReinie
    Contributor (0)
    Oct 11, 2017 5:23pm
    We normally use Network Connect but for this I may have tried Pulse Secure 8.1 too.
    zanyterp
    Pulse Secure Contributor (40)
    Oct 12, 2017 9:01pm
    Thank you for confirming the client.
    Network Connect did allow the tunnel to persist through switching users; it makes sense that the hotel WiFi may have been the culprit since the behavior does not happen at home.
    Pulse is not expected to persist through switching users.